Writing copy is painful but we can make it hurt a lot less.
We all want more blog readers, more newsletter subscribers, more followers and more clients. Without a doubt, compelling copy is the single most important factor in determining whether you are talking to yourself or an audience who looks forward to hearing from you.
Compelling copy makes a visually boring website memorable. It makes people want to buy stuff from you. And it makes you the recognized expert. So, if copywriting is so important, why does every business put minimal effort into it or palm it off on the low man on the totem pole? Because…
Copywriting is hard!
Few people like to write – especially for business purposes. But get these same people talking on topics they’re passionate about and you get some great stuff! I’ve found that even people who work in fields that sound like they would be boring have plenty of interesting things to say that the rest of us can appreciate. I consider it my #1 job to elicit these golden nuggets of information and get them down on paper.
Each person has their own writing style; whether that’s “love to do it and will make time for it” to “hate to do it and will do anything but write”. Because each person is different, I’ve developed a copywriting process that can be custom tailored to your writing style. If you hate to write or just can’t make the time for it, the “Let’s Have a Chat” Copywriting Process is for you. On the other hand, if you like to write but just need some guidance or feedback, the “Sounding Board” Process will be good for you.
Here’s How We Can Help
The “Let’s Have a Chat” Copywriting Process
Everybody loves to talk about what they do. Whether you need to rewrite an entire website, write a white paper, and article, a blog post or a video script, the “Let’s Have a Chat” Copywriting process will get the job done with surprisingly little pain. Here’s how it works:
- We get to know you. – First, the eMarketing Strategist writers get to know you, your business, what you’re selling, who you’re selling it to and what key phrases you’re trying to rank for. We also review any existing copy to figure out what you already have and what needs to be written.
- We have a chat. – Your writer creates a list of questions and schedules a phone appointment with you. Then you and your writer have a conversation so we can get the good stuff out of you and onto the page.
- We do some writing. – Then your writer takes your brilliant insights and writes up a solid first draft.
- You let us know how we’re doing. – You review what we’ve written to make sure we got all the important points down and that the copy sounds like it was written by you.
- Wash, Rinse, Repeat – Depending on the scope of the project, we repeat the process as many times as necessary until you’re happy with what we’ve written. Before we start the project, we’ll let you know how many rounds we think will be involved.
The “Sounding Board” Copywriting Consulting and Editing
Maybe you like to write and just need…
- Some guidance and direction
- Feedback on what you’ve written
- Help turning this huge job into bite size writing jobs
- Help organizing your thoughts
- Someone to bounce ideas off of
- An editor and proofreader
We can do that!